There is a birthday coming up and you are unsure what to write inside. Do you go sappy, fun or serious? Read on to get some good ideas of what to write in a birthday card.
Before we dive into the question of what to write in a birthday card. We have to consider what relation we have with the receiver. Whether the birthday card is for a coworker, family member, close friend, or perhaps just an acquaintance. Below we’ve broken things down into sections to make things a bit easier to narrow down the most appropriate message to write in a birthday card.
What to write inside a coworker’s birthday card:
- Enjoy your special day!
- Have the best birthday ever!
- All the best to you on your birthday.
- Happy wishes to you!
- You make work fun. Have a great day!
- I call dibs on the presents you don’t like!
- It’s a pleasure working with you…and to wish you a happy birthday!
- Happy birthday. I’m just here for the cake.
- Wishing you a wonderful, relaxing birthday (and an empty inbox!).
- Work just wouldn’t be as much fun without your company! Have an amazing day
What to write in a birthday card for friends:
When it comes to friends, you most likely have a closer and more open relationship than with a say coworker. So feel free to get more personal with your words.
- It’s time to celebrate and make your birthday as special as you are!
- Happy birthday to my friend, you’re the best!
- Wishing you a wonderful birthday. Thanks for being such a fabulous friend!
- Happy birthday to the best friend ever! Here’s to many more!
- You’re a good friend. You deserve the best birthday ever!
- I just wanted to let you know how special you are to me.
- Cheers to the best of friends! Can’t wait to celebrate with you.
- May your day be full of the same joy and laughter that you give me daily.
- Happy birthday to one of my most favorite person on this planet!
- Happy birthday to my favorite influencer!
Birthday messages for spouse or significant other:
It’s safe to say now is a good time to bring out those emotions! Throwing some jabs out there too is always an option too. You know what they say, we only hurt the ones we love!
- One of the best parts of today is getting to celebrate you!
- Today use to be just another ordinary day. Then you came along and made it special!
- [Age] never looked so good!
- You get to be the center of attention today! Tomorrow it’s back to me.
- AARP called and said the gifts in the mail.
- You’re the best reason to celebrate today. Happy Birthday!
- I couldn’t get the proper permit for the number of candles required. Happy Birthday anyway!
- Happy Birthday. Cake will be served in the bedroom.
- Happy Birthday to my partner in crime. Let’s make some mischief today!
- You are my today and all of my tomorrows. Happy Birthday, my love.
Birthday wishes for relatives:
- Hope your [age] birthday is one to remember!
- You’re not getting older. You’re just leveling up!
- Wishing you a day filled with peace, relaxation, and joy.
- Congratulations on your birthday! Sending you our love and good wishes.
- Wishing you all the best on your special day!
- Although I am not there to celebrate your birthday, you are in my thoughts.
- Wishing you the most awesome Birthday!
- Sending you wishes for the happiest of birthdays.
- May your birthday be sprinkled with fun and laughter. Have a great day!
- Warmest wishes for a very happy birthday.
Birthday wishes for siblings:
- It may be your birthday today, but I’m still the favorite. Happy birthday!
- Happy birthday to the best [brother/sister] around! Shhh don’t tell the others.
- Being related to me is a gift in itself. Happy birthday [brother/sister]!
- Dear [bro/sis], thanks for being the most amazing [brother/sister]. Wishing you nothing but happiness and success.
- The best part of having a naughty [brother/sister] like you is that I can blame you for almost everything I do! Happy birthday [bro/sis]!
- Happy Birthday to my [brother/sister]. Thank you for being my built-in best friend for life. Enjoy your special day!
- Happy Birthday to my [brother/sister]. I think of you of every day of the year, but none more than now that your special day is here.
- It’s your special day which means it’s time to have some major fun! Wishing you the best birthday ever.
- Hey [brother/sister], birthdays are an excuse to go and have some fun! So take advantage of your special day and have the time of your life. Wishing you an unforgettable day!
- Another year, another wrinkle! Happy Birthday.
Hopefully this list of 50 ideas of what to write in a birthday card gave you some great sentiments, or at least helped give you a starting point on what to write. If you have any of your own good ideas, be sure to leave it in the comments.